Thursday, June 2, 2011

2011: The Summer of Stephen Potts


In June I plan to finish a chapter I agreed to write for a book on the literary quest. My chapter focuses on the "fantasy quest," with particular attention to Pullman's His Dark Materials. Also in June, I have plans for a canoeing and rafting trip on the Green and Colorado Rivers in Canyonlands National Park, Utah. For the rest of the summer I will concentrate on finishing up the long-awaited revision of my book on Scott Fitzgerald's career as a popular writer. I will also be a guest at two popular culture conventions: San Diego's annual Comic-Con in July and the World Science Fiction Convention to be held this year in August in Reno NV, where I will participate in a day-long workshop on the teaching of science fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment