Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Review Books: Children's Lit Criticism


I have recently taken over from Vanessa Joosen as reviews editor of the IRSCL website and the IRCL journal. I'd like to take this opportunity to invite those of you who would like to write reviews to get in touch with me directly (lydia.kokkola@utu.fi) and send me the following information:
1) Your affiliation.
2) The postal address to which you would like books to be sent.
3) Your areas of expertise.
4) The languages you speak.
I currently have four books for which I am seeking reviewers:
William Gray's Death and Fantasy: Essays on Philip Pullman, C.S. Lewis, George MacDonald and R. L. Stevenson.
Gillian Lathey's The Role of Translators in Children's Literature:
Invisible Storytellers.
Gail Edwards and Judith Saltman's Picturing Canada: A History of Canadian Children's Illustrated Books and Publishing
Colomer, Kümmerling-Meibauer and Silva-Díaz (eds.) New Directions in Picturebook research.
I am expecting other books to arrive soon, so do get in touch even if you are not interested in these particular volumes. I also encourage you to suggest books which you would like to see reviewed. In particular, I would like to encourage researchers who are working outside the anglophone context to offer reviews of books written in languages other than English.
Finally, Vanessa was very careful to ensure I had plenty of information when she handed over to me. It is, however, possible that there has been a glitch in the hand over. If you have written a review but not heard from me, please get in touch as soon as possible.
Yours,
Lydia Kokkola

No comments:

Post a Comment